Charles Black was a youth at Pittman Park United Methodist Church (PPUMC) when he was tragically killed in a car accident. His parents, charter members of PPUMC, Garland and Grace Black established the Charles Black Memorial Scholarship in his memory. The purpose of the endowment is to provide scholarship for a student to continue their education beyond high school level.
To qualify for the Charles Black Scholarship, applicate must meet the following criteria.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Pursing a degree program at an accredited institution or show acceptance into a college, university, or technical college.
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 or high school GPA 3.0
- Full time student according to their schools standard for the program for which they are enrolled
- Applicants may apply annually if they meet the above criteria.
- Pastors are not allowed to apply
- Preference will be given to a member of PPUMC
Application is DUE no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2019
All forms, transcripts, and recommendations as well as Application are due.
The committee will meet the next day.
The Application can be found here: APPLICATION