This Saturday, August 20, 2022 a special session of the South Georgia Annual Conference will be held to ratify the decision of 61 churches to disaffiliate from the United Methodist Church. I ask for you to be in prayer for these churches and for our Annual Conference as we navigate forward into the future. Especially, be in prayer for our church as we begin talking about where our denomination, conference, and church are and are headed. For the list of conversation dates click here.
For more information regarding the Called Annual Conference Session click here.
The Resolution Approving Disaffiliation of Local Churches can be seen by following this link: https://www.sgaumc.org/files/websites/www/Resolution+for+Disaffiliating+Churches.pdf
|South Central District
|Mt. Olivet||Forest Hills||Glennville||Trinity||Enigma||Ebenezer|
|The Chapel||Sunshine||Hopwell||Sparks||Mt. Zion|
A few statistics to share regarding churches that are disaffiliating:
- The average worship attendance across these churches is 60.6338
- Average attendance with the three largest churches removed (Harvest, The Chapel, Gateway which have 500+ in worship) is 36.1379.
- 4 Large Churches Are Disaffiliating (Over 200 Average Worship Attendance)
- 4 Medium Churches Are Disaffiliating (50 to 199 Average Worship Attendance)
- 53 Small Churches (less than 50 Average Worship Attendance)
- Of the 53 small churches 33 have less than 25 in worship on average
All statistics referenced here are from umdata.org
Interested in continuing the conversation? If you, or a group you are a part of, would like to schedule a time to talk more about our church, our denomination, or the future, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-678-5631. Other resources can be accessed on our website pittmanpark.org/lets-talk